Eye campagne in Ladakh in 2014
In and around Leh we visited institutions who have no medical supports.
- Mahabodhi old People s home - the first home for old aged in Ladakh.
- Sakya nunnery with 30 young nuns from Tibet, Bhutan, Zanskar and Ladakh.
- Thiksey nunnery with 14 older nuns.
- Matho Gonpa the only Sakya monastery in Ladakh
- Kaspong Gonpa high up in the mountains.
The ladakhi doctor Tsultim Dorjé from village Durbuk in Changtang is eye specialist and general doctor.This was very useful. Most of the old people had general problems and eye problems.
Free medicine was given and we donated many reading- and sunglasses.
Glasses on prescription we had to order in Dehli.
Dr. Tsultim and Dr. Namgyal Ishey pharmacist didn t accept a salary for this work. To health worker Ngawang Stanzin and other helpers I paid a local salary.
The campagne was very successful for all.
You see more pictures at "Augenprojekt 2014 Leh und Umgebung"
The Trans Singela eye tour with doctor S.T.Angchok from Leh
Health workers Jampal Takpa and Ngawang Stanzin. Amchis and villagers were supporting, like translating, cooking, making teas, guiding horses and donkeys.
Villages visited: Fotoksar, Yulchung, Gongma, Skiumpata and Lingshed.
- Total 451 eye cases seen by Dr. Angchok
- Sun glasses distributed 301
- Reading glasses distributed 36
- 26 glasses ordered in Dehli
- Cataract OP case 5
Free eye medicine given to all patients.
Allegies and diseases are often produced by dust and very dry air and intensive sun on 4500 m. People scratch with not washed Hands. Sun glasses are very important.
26.2.18 20:45 kr/hrfß